2014/08/17

Gamescom 2014: Alien Isolation Preview

http://www.xblgamerhub.com/images/easyblog_images/985/Alien-Isolation-2.jpg



When Creative Assembly revealed Alien Isolation and told the Gamers around the World that it will feature a very Survial-Horror Atmosphere many Gamers was sceptical because of Segas last Alien Game: Aliens Colonial Marines. Colonial Marines disappointed many Gamers with their big Promises they had talk about before Launch. So Alien Isolation has alot to show to bring the Alien Franchise back to the Top of the Gaming-Industry. At my Week at Gamescom i was able to talk to a developer about their upcoming Game Alien Isolation and play it afterwards on a PS4 Console.

The Developer told me that they are trying to create something special for the original Alien Movie Fans and that they want to bring the Atmosphere of the first Movie to the Game.

Gameplay:

I was able to play the E3 Demo Level in which i had to activate a generator and escape from the Alien trough a door which would be open if the generator is activated. I also got 3 bonus-objectives. Don't use the motion tracker, close the maindoor at the End and find 2 ID-Cards. I was finding myself in a closed room and after walking in the room i found a flamethrower, a ID-Card. When a door opened after 30 seconds i crouched myself with pressing the Right Stick and moved behind a box. When i looked above the box i saw a terrifying monster. The Alien. I knew that i could'nt move forward so i moved into a vent on my left and cercumvented the Alien. Every Second i was near the Alien i've heard the typical sound of it. After getting to the end of the vent i was able to walk to the room where the generator was in and activate it. After activating it i was looking behind me and the following view scared the most out of me. Right behind me there was the Alien hissing in my Face. I took my foot and ran along the corridor to the maindoor in which the Demo ended.

So after playing this Demo i think i am able to give you my view of the Game. Alien Isolation has a close and dark atmosphere and for me it felt like a real good survial Game mixed with some horror-elements. Creative Assembly promised a Game in which you felt isolated and alone and this is exactly what i was felt trough the Demo. The Moment when i saw the Alien behind me was so terrifying that i really scared a second.

The only item i would love to see is a real map. At the beginning i was so confused where to go and where my objective is. So thats my only negative point i am making.

9/10


Visuals:

The Demo was very dark and the Contrast was adjusted very high i think. So i cant talk about the visuals when you adjust the brightness higher or the Contrast lower. The Demo looked very good and the Objects in the Demo like boxes, desks, the Alien or the walls looked very clear and detailled. I didnt recognize any Framerate or Technical Drops so the Demo was visually perfect adjusted.

8/10


End:


Alien Isolation is keeping its promises in the Demo i played. Alien Isolation looks like the Trailers and is really terrifying with its scares, sounds and the Atmosphere. I am looking forward to the Game and i had alot of fun with this Game. Great Game!


8.5/10

Alien Isolation is coming out on October 7th 2014 on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox360 and PC in US and EU.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UA-53264292-1 Kingdom Hearts - Busy